The Cherry Arts Inc., seeks a creative, flexible, organized, multi-tasking Marketing and Development Coordinator to join our growing team. Take the helm in getting the word out about Ithaca’s multidisciplinary arts facilitator, and our flexible venue, the Cherry Artspace. The Cherry is in the process of growing and will soon have additional spaces to program and communities to connect to. The Cherry Arts is committed to increasing and maintaining the diversity of our creative family and encourages all qualified applicants.
Full-time, $35–40,000 (exempt) depending on experience
- Design (solo or in collaboration with graphic designer) and implement marketing plans for Cherry projects & initiatives, including social media, print, and short video, as well as maintaining and increasing overall brand awareness.
- Liaise with artists & organizations who are presenting work in the Artspace to access their marketing needs and co-promote their projects
- Negotiate and implement ad trade opportunities
- Provide marketing language and data for grant applications when needed; track grant-based marketing spending
- Social Media
- Keep Cherry social media presence humming: manage and maintain accounts, posting daily on one or more feeds, aiming for continuous growth in follower numbers for each platform
- Capture photos/video of Artspace happenings on a regular basis for these feeds
- Capture and collate social media analytics for granting purposes
- Research and implement new social media platforms & strategies as they arise
- Publicity (in coordination with General Manager and Artistic Director)
- Initiate and build relationships with relevant journalists and press entities; advocate for and facilitate press coverage. Participate in drafting and distribution of press releases. Manage press requests for project media.
- Track earned media and integrate into marketing
- Help manage artist interviews and publicity requests
- On-the-ground hospitality for visiting artists
- Respond to phone and email ticketing queries
- Development: Work with AD and GM in communications, stewardship, and development of donor base, including:
- individual givers
- corporate and individual sponsors
- advertising purchasers
- private foundations
Analyze CRM data and assist in the development and implementation of new opportunities to build and support patrons/donors.
- Grants: participate in grant research and drafting, alongside Artistic Director, Education Director, and Grants Committee of Board of Directors
- Artspace Rental Promotion
- Develop strategies to promote and increase venue rental appeal; Evaluate marketing and promotion plan to expand availability and use by artists and private function rentals (such as private and corporate events).
- Monitor website to keep up to date; create new pages, banner images, and menu items for new projects and events as required
- Redesign project pages as archival
- Develop SEO and Google Ad strategy
- Oversee interns & work-study associates assisting on all above items as possible
- Education or professional experience in marketing, communications, writing, or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and/or professional experience with the following are plusses:
- Social media tools, platforms, analytics, and best practices
- Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- WordPress and website management
- CRM/database and theater ticketing systems management
- Strong written communication skills. Inventiveness creating copy for diverse media platforms and audiences.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and work efficiently under deadlines.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and content samples by email to HR@thecherry.org. Applications accepted as long as job remains posted.